Tree pruning is vital to the growth and health of your trees. Instead of tree removal, you could opt for pruning, depending on what your reasons for removal might be. At Grand Rapids Tree Service, we provide pruning services at reasonable costs. But first, you need to understand the benefits of tree pruning before you decide to do it.
Why Prune Trees?
There are various reasons why people opt to prune their trees. Some of these reasons include:
- Plant health: The health of your trees depends on pruning. When you first start growing trees, you need to start pruning the tree in its early stages. This will influence the shape as well as the productivity of your tree in the short and the long run.
- Productivity: Sometimes a tree is unable to produce as much fruit as it has the capacity to. In order to make such trees more productive, you need to prune.
- Shapeliness and aesthetics: Depending on the shape you would want your tree to have, you can opt for pruning. This helps you shape the tree and space out branches thus improving the aesthetic appeal.
- Remove stubs: Whenever branches fall or of when they are cut down, stubs remain on the tree and they can be unsightly as well as dangerous in cases where children climb these trees. Pruning is one of the ways of getting rid of these stubs.
- Encourage growth: There is nothing attractive about a tree that has some branches blocking other branches and thus inhibiting their growth. In these cases, some branches rub against others and therefore stunt the tree’s growth. Pruning will sort out this issue.
When to Prune
There are specific seasons for tree pruning depending on the type of tree in question. Evergreen trees are often pruned mid to late summer. The process involves removing the dead branches to allow the tree to flourish further. On the other hand, deciduous trees are often pruned in autumn and winter since they lose their leaves in winter. It is important to note these pruning seasons since failure to comply with the guidelines could lead to negative effects. For example, if pruned in late winter or early spring, these deciduous trees might end up bleeding sap. This may then lead to the tree being weakened.
Other than during certain seasons, pruning is carried out when the need arises. If branches are growing dangerously, it calls for a prune no matter the season since it involves the safety of people in the compound as well as other possessions such as cars.
Get a Free Estimate
If you are in need of tree pruning services in the area, contact us today to get a free estimate. At Grand Rapids Tree Service, we send over a professional arborist to take a look at your trees before we can proceed with any action. This not only helps us to establish the health of your trees but also determines the extent of the work that needs to be done which informs the free estimate that we provide you with.